Our Values Drive Your Success
Values Drive Success
At Academy, we strive to be leaders in all aspects of what we do to deliver success to our clients.
Since 1995, we have tirelessly pushed to create the processes, bring together the people, and strengthen the problem-solving mindsets necessary to lead. As a company, we are dedicated to teamwork, respect, integrity, and accountability. We are proud to share these values with everyone we employ and work with, from the most talented tradespeople and superintendents to vendors and sub-contractors.
Ultimately, we undertake all projects intending to build effective, positive and long-lasting relationships along the way. Approaching each new project as a collaboration with our client is critical to achieving this goal.
- Our commitment to our customers has allowed us to be fortunate enough to have numerous MSAs with multiple major pipeline owners and oilsands producers.
- We pride ourselves on the relationships we have built with our customers with the majority of our work coming from long term clients.
- Adherence to project schedule requirements.
- Thorough understanding of client requirements (specifications, invoicing, project management, approved material lists, etc.).
We work every day with safety at the forefront of our minds. It is critical that everyone gets home safely to those they care about.
- Over 2 million manhours with no Lost Time Injuries is a testament to the strong safety culture.
- The following safety programs allow Academy employees to look out for one another and solidify our strong safety culture: Behavior Based Observation (BBO), Home Safe, and House Keeping:
- Academy’s BBO program provides recognition for employees looking out for one another from a safety perspective.
- Home Safe is our overall safety program.
We communicate effectively and respectfully in order to overcome any and all challenges. Our team thrives by being open and respectful within our diverse workplace.
- We have worked tirelessly to create a culture that is “solution-based“, and where decisions can be challenged in an open manner.
- We are a company built around long term employees that grow and learn from each other.
- When working with Academy, you are working with a strong team of problem solvers that are solution based.
- Where we see challenges and opportunities internally, we tackle them head on.
- On one occasion we had an extreme complex and difficult project. We rallied a dedicated team to work through the challenges through revised shifts to solve the problem and deliver the product on time.
- Personal accountability is important to us! “Playing for the logo in the front rather than the number on the back”.
We produce products of the highest quality in line with the latest specifications and codes, while striving to exceed industry standards in craftsmanship.
- Our clients trust us with their most complex and schedule demanding projects.
- Client specific training and competency reviews are provided to our team to ensure the client and project requirements are understood.
- Trusted company with a reputation for high quality work.
- Wide variety of weld procedures.
- Excellent repair rate.
We act with honesty, and follow consistent and uncompromised moral and ethical principles within our day-to-day operation. We hold ourselves and our team accountable to our work, commitments, and values.
- We stand behind our work. If our product does not meet expectations then we are committed to making it right. We are proud of our integrity and if problems do arise we want to be the first to put forth solutions.
- Our extensive lessons learned and in-house training program demonstrate that we are accountable for our work and our continued commitment to internal improvement.
- Root cause analysis to identify opportunities for improvement and areas of concern – lessons learned.
- Executive Management leads by example and holds themselves to the highest standards of accountability. This precedent reflected throughout the organization.
We will uphold all Academy Values within each community we work and live in.
- Our business was founded in our home town, a community where our grandparents still live. We are exceptionally proud of our multi-generational employees.
- Our community is more than just a place to work, it’s part of who we are. This is why we are 100% committed to local employment and giving back to a community that has given us so much.
- Various charitable and community-based support (Onoway Jr/Sr High School donations – Career and Technologies Studies wing, Onoway Heritage Guild sponsorships, Various sport team sponsorships, donations to local artists, Senior donation, etc.).
- We have focus on Indigenous Relations and directly support First Nations through our local recruitment where a strong percentage of our workforce identifies as Indigenous.
We exhibit a drive to perform, and do not settle for anything less than success. Our priority is to achieve success in the marketplace and every aspect of our business.
- When you do business with Academy you don’t do business with an individual – you’re doing business with a team of problem solvers focused on the solution.
Let's Work Together
We strive to exceed the expectations of our clients and go out of our way to ensure an effective, positive, and lasting working relationship is developed and maintained. Please reach out to us and let us share with you how we can work together for success.